The National Artificial Intelligence Research Resource (NAIRR) Pilot
Today NSF, in partnership with 10 other agencies and 25 leading AI industry and non-profit partners launched the National AI Research Resource Pilot, a first step towards democratizing access to critical resources that will power AI innovation.
- Survey on Researcher and Educator Use Cases for the NAIRR – researchers, faculty, graduate students, even undergrads who are struggling to access GPUs, data resources and other infrastructure are invited to fill out this survey which will inform directions for the pilot and demonstrate the need for the full NAIRR. https://idaorg.gov1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cRMnkUFJoXs7UfI
- First open call for NAIRR Pilot resources – can be found on the nairrpilot.org The first open call targets a few NSF and DOE high performance computing systems and testbeds and is focused on supporting safe, secure, and trustworthy AI research.
Below is some additional information and links:
- NAIRR Pilot webpage hosted by NSF: https://new.nsf.gov/focus-areas/artificial-intelligence/nairr/
- NAIRR Pilot portal: https://nairrpilot.org. This website provides information for the research and education community on latest NAIRR Pilot opportunities and usable resources (see below).
- NSF press release: https://new.nsf.gov/news/democratizing-future-ai-rd-nsf-launch-national-ai?auHash=IjZsFGqQHd0-1VVQYDhfQTxqCA3sgu6IpfhlK01W6Xc
- NAIRR Pilot announcements mailing list: email@example.com
- Subscribe for updates: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Questions about the NAIRR pilot can be sent to email@example.com