As of 3:00 on Monday, July 3, power has been restored to the Stanford Research Computing Facility (SRCF), and the SRCC team is completing the restarting of systems and services. System users are being notified of system availability.
- 2:30 PM Monday, July 3: SRCC-supported systems are up and running for the most part. As with any extended downtime, there have been a few hardware failures, and the SRCC team will continue to work to get them up as soon as possible.
- 11:30 AM Sunday, July 2: Network is up and running, and the SRCF team has begun to restart systems. Physical access is available for those who need to be present to restart systems and services.
- NOTE: SRCF staff are unavailable until Wednesday, unless in an emergency
- NOTE: the SRCF elevator is unavailable until late Wednesday
- 5:30 PM Saturday, July 1: Power has been restored to the SRCF building; the team will begin bringing up network equipment on Sunday, July 2 around 8:00 AM. We anticipate that access to systems and the building will be available after 10:00 AM. Emails have been sent to technical points of contact and PIs.
- 5:00 PM Friday, June 30: Electrical work is mostly completed, and testing is continuing
- 9:30 AM Monday, June 26: All power to the SRCF is off
- 8:00 AM Monday, June 26: Network connectivity to the SRCF is now unavailable
Because of the outage, several SRCC services are unavailable; see the table below for details. For detailed information on the Oak storage service, and instructions on how to disconnect your Oak gateway (if applicable), please see the Oak User Google Doc.
Status information will be shared on this page, updated with any information that we have throughout the down time.
Shutdown Schedule for SRCC systems
|System||Outage Start||Outage End (Expected)|
|Oak Storage Gateways||Friday, June 23 5:00 p.m.||Monday, July 3|
|Sherlock||Saturday, June 24 12:00 a.m.||Monday, July 3|
|SCG||Saturday, June 24 7:00 a.m.||Monday, July 3|
|Carina||Saturday, June 24 5:00 p.m.||Monday, July 3|
|Oak Storage||Sunday, June 25 7:00 a.m.||Monday, July 3|
Frequently Asked Questions
We will continue to add questions as we fill in the details of the outage.